Skip to content

January 27, 2009


Can You Transfer My Visa into My New Passport?

Q: I need to renew my passport soon. Can you transfer my visa to my new passport please?

A: Visa stamps for residence or working in the UK are issued by the UK government. Therefore the U.S. Embassy cannot transfer your visa into your new passport.

For information on how to transfer your visa into your new passport, please visit or write to UKBA at:

Immigration and Nationality Directorate
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road

If you enjoyed this post, please considersubscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.

You May Also Be Interested In:

  1. Carol Osterman
    Apr 11 2010

    My mother married and has lived in the USA since 1950. I am her daughter. She has retained her British citizenship and receives pension benefits from the UK. Does this allow me to be eligible to work in the UK with or without VISA restrictions? Could you instruct me as to what steps I need to obtain an appropriate work visa.

    Carol Osterman

    • American Citizen Services
      Apr 12 2010

      Carol – We regret that we are unable to advise on visa requirements for working in the UK. You may wish to visit the UK Border Agency (UKBA) website for more information about whether you require a work visa for the UK and, if so, how to obtain one.

Comments are closed.