Does the Embassy Provide Notary Services?
Q: Does the Embassy offer Notary Services?
A: Yes, Notary Services are provided at the Embassy by appointment only, to American and non-American citizens, who need to have documents notarized for use in the United States. (Due to the large volume of requests for notary services, appointments cannot be made by telephone and you will not be admitted to the Embassy for a notary service without an appointment; walk-ins are not accepted.)
Please note that certain services are NOT offered by U.S. consular officers. They are:
- Notarization or legalization of U.S. State-issued documents for use in other countries (e.g. U.S. birth, marriage, death certificates)
- W-7 Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs)
- Medallion Signature Guarantees
- Notarization/legalization/authentication of U.S. academic credentials. Contact the issuing educational institution, or the U.S./UK Educational Advisory Service for information
- Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support)
- Notarization or legalization of certified copies of original non-U.S. documents (i.e., UK passports)
For more information on notary services including how to book your appointment, please visit our website at: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/scs/notary.html .